The Big Draw
11 am – 5 pm, Chace Center
The RISD Museum’s annual Big Draw is back! Join us for a vibrant celebration of drawing, inspired by the internationally acclaimed campaign that celebrates drawing in its many forms through hands-on drawing for all. Bring your imagination and come make your mark! Free, all welcome.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
11 am - 5 pm
- Collaborate with Tape Art in producing a large, outdoor mural on the walls of the Museum.
- Make-a-drawing/take-a-drawing at the Drawing Exchange booth in Danforth Lecture Hall
- Explore the Museum galleries and rediscover drawing as a tool for seeing, thinking and making new connections to our collection, our community, and each other.
- No starving artists here! Enjoy lunch, snacks, and frozen treats at Rosie’s: Eats to Go and Like No Udder food trucks, both parked right outside on the Chace Center Plaza.
11 am - 12 pm
- Join RISD students Stephanie Vecellio and Jules Goguely in the galleries for conversations about, and a peek at, the processes and techniques they use to create their work.
1 - 3 pm
- Participate in a drop-in Artist’s Lab with Emmy Bright in the Museum’s Upper Farago Gallery, drawing inspiration from the exhibition Lists: To-dos, Illustrated Inventories, Collected Thoughts, and Other Artist’s Enumerations from the Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art.
2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Experiment with figure drawing with Artist Educator Paul Carpentier in the Chace Center Galleries. The fashionable forms on view in the exhibition Artist/Rebel/Dandy: Men of Fashion are your models!