- Joseph Edward Straker, 1843-1912, English, silversmith
- Gorham Manufacturing Company, 1831-present, American, manufacturer
- Potter and Company, active 1878-1910, American, associated artist/maker
- Franz Ziegler, 1869-1934, German, carver
- William Christmas Codman, 1839-1921, English, designer
Martelé Writing Table
Ebony, mahogany, boxwood, redwood, thuya wood, ivory, mother-of-pearl, silver, mirrored glass
Table: 124 x 136.5 x 76 cm (48 13/16 x 53 3/4 x 29 15/16 inches)
Signature / Inscription / Marks
Signed:WC Codman 1903
Providence; Rhode Island
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Frederick B. Thurber
Projects & Publications
The images on this website can enable discovery and collaboration and support new scholarship, and we encourage their use. This object is in the public domain (CC0 1.0). This object is Martelé Writing Table with the accession number of 58.095a. To request high-resolution files or new photography, please send an email to email@example.com and include your name and the object's accession number.
We view our online collection as a living documents, and our records are frequently revised and enhanced. If you have additional information or have spotted an error, please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.