HOURS: TUE, WED, FRI, SAT, SUN 10am - 5pm, THU 12 - 8pm.
The museum is closed on June 19th, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
Admission is free on Sundays from 10am - 5pm and Thursday evenings from 5 - 8pm.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended for your convenience. Masks are optional.
Museum admission is not refundable. If you are no longer able to make the day you reserved, contact Visitor Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to change the date of your ticket.
|Senior citizens (62+)||$15|
|Youth (18 & under)||Free|
|College students||$10 with valid college ID|
|Staff, faculty, & students of RISD or member institutions||Free with valid college ID|
We are proud to offer admission discounts for select patrons. Tickets must be obtained at the Visitor Services desks upon arrival. Please be prepared to show the appropriate ID. If you have questions or require assistance, call Visitor Services @ 401-709-8402.
- Active-duty U.S. military personnel and their families year-round
- Admission for up to four people for Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cardholders with ID, as part of the Museums for All program.
- North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) membership benefits from partner institutions in our reciprocal networks
- Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM) membership benefits from partner institutions in our reciprocal networks
- College and University Art Museums Reciprocal Program (CUAMRP) membership benefits from partner institutions in our reciprocal networks
- Jury duty
- Bank of America cardholders (Museums on Us weekends only - first weekend of every month)
- AAA members
- By Bike
Bike racks are available at 224 Benefit Street
- By Bus
The Museum is easily accessible by state- and city-wide bus services and is located .2 miles from the Kennedy Plaza bus station. Bus information can be accessed here.
Visiting school or charter buses can drop passengers off at 20 North Main Street.
Short term bus parking is available at Roger Williams National Memorial Park at 282 North Main Street.
- By Car
Discounted parking is available to Museum visitors at all Metropark locations. The closest lot is Metropark Location P5: South Main St Lot at 131 Canal St. Parking is also available at metered spots on adjacent streets. Visitors may park for free at RISD faculty/staff lots on weekends. Closest available lots are located at 7 or 10 Congden Street and 292 Benefit Street.